Monday, June 15, 2009

Up Review

Yesterday, I saw Disney and Pixar's latest film, Up. As I came out of the theater, I could not help but think, is there anything Pixar can't do? Can Pixar ever disappoint? The answer, for me, is no. The guys and gals at Pixar are geniuses of animation - storytelling and visual marvels who break new ground with every film that they make. I also though that there traditional animated short shown before the actual film was the best animated short they have created - it's Partly Cloudy, and it was cute, funny and poignant. Entertaining, funny and extraordinarily poignant, the film is indeed the best animated film since Wall-E, another Pixar film. Its creativity and excellent story makes for a fun and visually stunning film with valuable life lessons - certainly Pixar can do no wrong, and here's hoping for more animated gems from them. I give Up Four stars out of Four.

At home, I saw Roman Holiday for the millionth time. It is still a timeless, romantic and heartwarming romantic comedy. I love Gregory Peck's performance - and Audrey Hepburn was so cool and classy. It is one of my favorite romantic comedies, and even though the ending was not what you expect, it was fresh and realistic.

Well, that's all for today, till next time, enjoy!

No comments: