Wednesday, May 27, 2009

X-Men Origins: Wolverine Review

Well, everyone, I finally I had the opportunity to see X-Men Origins: Wolverine last night, and well, I have got to say, I thought it is not as bad as the critics make it seem. However, there is something curious about the movie that I found very intriguing: some critics say that the movie starts off well and that it falls apart as it progresses, but for me, it is exactly the opposite: the beginning was a bit disjointed and somewhat flat, but as the movie progressed, I got more interested. Everything seemed to be getting more engaging. I must admit - it was nice to see an X-Men movie dominated mostly by the guys - especially hot ones like Hugh Jackman and Taylor Kitsch =D! Speaking of Taylor Kitsch, I loved his performance as Gambit - a character I have been waiting for since the first X-Men film back in 2000. I wish we could have seen more of him, though. But he and Hugh Jackman dominated the film and they brought the fun into what could have been a lifeless film. I was also shocked at the scene where the adamantium is surgically inserted into Wolverine, it was a rather difficult scene to watch - and I thought it wouldn't be since the film was PG-13. Overall, it was an entertaing popcorn flick typical of summer fun at the movie. I give the film Two and a half Stars out of Four.

That's all for today, folks! Till next time!

No comments: