Saturday, May 23, 2009

TCM's Classic Films Union

Hi, everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that Turner Classic Movies has a brand new member service called the Classic Films Union. You can go to it here. It is basically a way to share your favorite actors and films and media with others. You can also post your favorite pictures and videos and share it with others. As you have guessed, I joined, and you can view my profile here.

During this long Memorial Day Weekend, I decided to watch two Alfred Hitchcock films: Suspicion and Spellbound. I had not seen them in a long time and I loved them - thrilling, edge of your seat suspense and only Hitchcock could bring you that. What intrigued me was the dream sequence in Spellbound, which was designed by Salvador Dali - it was beautiful, and really looked like a Three-Dimensional piece of art. It was ahead of its time, and it must have been as stunning as 3D animated films and CGI effects seem today when it was released in 1945. It is still stunning and unique, even today, and the dream sequence is one of the most visually creative scenes in movie history in my opinion. It was truly a terrific touch to a thrilling and creative film. I read somewhere that Hitchcock was not overly impressed with the final film, but I think it stands as one of his most visually stunning. My favorite Hitchcock film is however North by Northwest. I will try to check it out again as soon as I can.

That's all for today, see ya!

No comments: