Saturday, January 2, 2010

Sherlock Holmes

Yikes! Long time, no see! I apologize for the lack of posts, but I have been really busy lately, first with school, then with the Holidays - it's really been a busy year for me. I really do miss blogging here, so I'll get to it.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to see Sherlock Holmes yesterday. I came with one conclusion: Robert Downey, Jr is AWESOME - and he has demonstrated that he has tremendous capacity and depth. I liked the chemistry between him and Jude Law, who played Watson - it was one of the film's highlights. The story, while it dragged a little bit sometimes (No big deal, though), but was actually very solid - and in the end, it came together nicely. It was a very interesting take on the of my favorite literary characters ever. The special effects were great, but the slow motion was not really necessary in some scenes. It was, I admit - my first Guy Ritchie movie ever, and I went to the movie with lower expectations, but it was certainly a very entertaining picture, with a very charming cast. Three stars out of four.

No comments: