Sunday, July 26, 2009

More Rants and Ravings:

Well, I saw a lot of movies over the past week, and I would like to start with the most recent one:

First off, I saw Paul Balart: Mall Cop at my sister's house yesterday. It was a bit on the crude side, and perhaps a bit childish in some parts, but there is a certain heartwarming and actually funny concepts to it. Kevin James gave a solid performance. It was rather entertaining, and I don't care much for comedies like this. I give it Two and a half stars out of four.

Then, I saw Shadow of a Doubt, the film which Alfred Hitchcock considered to be his best efforts and the favorite of his films. It is thrilling, well-acted, and the story is superbly crafted. If you think about it, it is quite scary to think that a murderer is living right in your house - and actually paints himself as a gentle, selfless stranger. I love Joesph Cotten and he is indeed the most underrated actors in Hollywood history. Three and a half Stars out of four.

Finally, I saw The Lady Eve, and this one was also for the first time as well. The chemistry between Henry Fonda and Barbara Stanywck was pitch perfect. It was lighthearted, good-fashioned fun and the story was very interesting. The directing was also top notch. Overall, a very entertaining romantic comedy. Three Stars out of Four.

That's all for today, folks - till next time!

No comments: